This is a picture of John Coltrane, a brilliant saxophone player and perhaps a musical mastermind. The man spent his dedicated to the artform, and was pioneer of modern jazz. He played with Miles Davis on the outstanding album Kind of Blue, perhaps one of the greatest musical works of all time. I don't have a personal copy of the album but I'm hoping for get a copy of the album for Christmas. Anyway, I probably could dedicate my life to the artform, which I was tempted to do during my time in high school. Eventually I realized that I didn't want to dedicate my life to the lifeform, and instead I decided to switch to chemical engineering. Why? It was a simple switch. Instead of dedicating my life to sound, I wanted to be able to impact the physical world in a substantial way. Honestly the pity about this man's life is that he died at a relatively young age. In my view this deals with a dilemna all men must face. It is better to live a short life filled with joy and excitement, or is it better to live a long life in the shadow of another. Personally, I don't care. I'm frankly just trying to survive my sophomore year of college.


No comments:
Post a Comment